Product Lifecycle Manager
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ClickDimensions Product R&D Organization is looking for someone to oversee the end-to-end product lifecycle for all products and service offerings. This role will be responsible for leading efforts to define, document and govern all cross-functional workstreams required to develop and bring products to market. This includes owning authorship for such process, as well as tracking and reporting on all aspects of product lifecycle including Portfolio Marketing, Product Management, R&D Development, Operations, Sales, Go to Market, Finance and Business Systems. This role will provide program oversight of the entire product lifecycle process - beginning with ideation, through product launch and into in-market sales, to decommissioning. In addition to owning oversite for the Product Lifecycle process, this role will be responsible for all new product and services customer pilots and defining the iterative processed required to identify pilot customers, feedback loop, execution, and product offering response to such feedback.
This role will develop and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders, key business owners, customers, and operational leaders to drive objectives, goals, and key results across the enterprise. While there will be a consistent schedule of tasks, this role will require the candidate to be flexible and adaptable as business priorities will be constantly changing.
- Align product adoption with planned expectations (represented by product launch’s that meet customer needs)
- Continuous refinement on product lifecycle processes (new product offerings, new features of current products, services, and decommissioning) and tracking each team and their deliverables as releases are planned
- Meet time and deliverable expectations for Product Lifecycle sub streams, and overall launch timing commitments
- Successful customer pilots with ample feedback and customer satisfaction for products and process
- On-time delivery of new and enhanced products by utilizing the product lifecycle processes
- Cross functional alignment and visibility for all product lifecycle and launch plans
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Lead efforts to define and refine Product Lifecycle workstreams across the various functional teams. Such teams will be ultimate owner of these processes, but this role will drive completeness, effectiveness, and measurements of process results
- Act as the central coordination point for cross functional workstreams that support specific Product Lifecycles
- Oversee orchestration and dependencies of team project plans that support a functional level orchestration of a product lifecycle.
- Work with participants and stakeholders to provide timely and accurate project data supporting task statues, schedule, and identification of challenges
- Create a master project plan that brings together all team workstreams in the pursuit of new product launches, new features for current products, services, and decommissioning.
- Maintain and identify a risk canvass outlining product lifecycle trajectory risks, mitigation strategies, and action plans
- Review and monitor productivity data by individual and team; create reports on missing data, missed committed dates and fill in the gaps; update overall Product Lifecycle metrics for leadership
- Assist with defining process improvements for all product environments covering development though production.
- Maintain personnel skills matrix and technology stack report to help with “flex dev” capabilities
- Collect lessons Learned from retrospectives and provide feedback to leadership team to help continuous release improvement
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, leadership, and peers to drive strategic projects and initiatives
- Maintain accurate timelines of project plan tasks and associated statuses
- Create and maintain documentation (preferably within Confluence)
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Identify customer pilot candidates and personas that are critical for pilot processes.
- Communicate with candidate pilot customers and final list of customer pilot participants.
- Capture feedback in pilot phase, feeding back into product workstream and iterate with clients on such adjustments.
- Report on progress and risk profiles providing executive level visibility on a recurring basis
WHAT YOU BRING TO CLICKDIMENSIONS (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Master’s degree preferred
- Worked in an organization that develops a multitenant SaaS software product
- 3+ Years’ experience in Product Marketing or Product Management
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in a Program/Project Management discipline
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in a Business Analyst role
- 5+ Years Agile, Scrum, & Kanban Methodology experience
- Managed customer pilot programs – recruiting and execution
- Experience with software (SaaS) product launch and lifecycle workstreams
- Microsoft Project program experience (create, update, and link projects & resources)
- Jira (or similar) program experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lead and influencer parts of the organization that does not fall into direct report lines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience producing written project status and action plans
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience participating in and/or leading mid-large scale implementation projects
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability, business acumen
- Excellent communication skills with internal users and executive leadership
- Experience managing a program of multiple projects simultaneously
- Pragmatic solution finder who is accustomed to making project trade-offs and decisions, which subsequently drive these decisions throughout the overall organization
- An ability to lead work across multiple organizations and rally efforts towards a common set of goals and objectives.
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- Power BI a plus
- Certified in Product Management
- Team Management (while initially this role will have no direct reports)
- Consulting experience
ClickDimensions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. ClickDimensions is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ClickDimensions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. ClickDimensions will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.